Frequently Asked Questions
Storage Sheds And Garages can assist you with all of those questions you have when it comes to purchasing a Garage or Shed. Below are some common questions we receive and some answers to those common questions. If your questions are not directly answered from this page, feel free to contact us at 717-989-7495 for further help.
How does the ordering process work?
- You can call or email us and explain your needs and what you will be using your shed for. We will be more than happy to guide you in the direction that works best for you and email you an itemized quote detailing the specifications and layout of the shed.
- You look over everything and make sure it is exactly how you want it.
- You can then place your order in person in our office, over the phone or online.
- Place your deposit by giving us a Credit Card number and we can run up to $1000 as a deposit or if you choose you can mail us a check for 50% of the shed amount (If total price of building is $5000 or more you would be required to mail us 50% before delivery) and we will give you an estimated time for the building to be completed
- We will then call you to schedule delivery and set up a day usually 1-4 days in advance
- Once our delivery expert arrives at your location he can then determine if he will place it by sliding the structure off of the back of his truck or if the building is off your drive or if he needs to go into the yard he can then take it off the trailer on the street and put the building in place by using the revolutionary machine called the MULE!! Once your shed is in place, you can move in all your stuff and start using the building of your dreams!
What do you recommend as a pad for our new storage shed?
It is important to have a level pad for your shed. If going with a stone foundation we recommend that you prepare an area 2 FT larger than your shed size. Example: 12 x 20 – prepare an area 14 x 22. We recommend 3-4 inches of crushed stone. This, in turn, gives you good drainage and keeps your shed dry enhancing its durability. NOTE: When going with a concrete pad, the pad needs to be the EXACT size of shed due to water drainage. We do not recommend block as they tend to settle uneven and are very difficult to unload.
Does Storage Sheds And Garages do any site preparation work for your shed?
We will deliver your horse barn or shed directly to the site pad. We do not do any site preparations. It is expected that our customers have their site prepared prior to delivery. We do however have several contractors who specialize in site preparation in the area that we could recommend!
How long is the trailer that will be delivering our new shed?
Our regular delivery trucks and trailers consist of either an F-550 pickup truck and a 32′ trailer or a semi with a 40′ – 48′ Trailer. Your site needs to be accessible to deliver the building with the mule (see video). We need to have width clearance of approx. 2′ more than the width of the shed, for example, if you order a 10×14 shed we would need approx. 12′ wide opening to get the shed through. If we do not have access to your site and we must bring your shed back to our shop you will be charged an extra delivery fee. If we do not have access to your site we can build your shed on-site for an additional 30%.
What are the different shed options I can go with when ordering a storage shed?
Our storage sheds come with many different options. We can add additional windows, doors, storage lofts, shutters, vents, reinforced flooring, flower boxes, pressure-treated wood ramps, and vinyl siding.
What is included with the purchase of a Dormer Shed?
The Dormer shed comes with a Dormer Roof, Octagon Window in the Dormer, (1) Set Solid Fiberglass Double Doors and (1) Single Fiberglass Door w/ Glass or (1) set Double Fiberglass Doors with Glass, Duratemp Wood Siding or your choice of Vinyl Siding (add 30% for vinyl), choice of exterior and trim colors, choice of Shingles, and additional options such as Flower Boxes, Shutters, & Vents.
What are the sizes of your door openings?
Door openings are framed, and double swinging doors are reinforced in a decorative pattern which opens 47″ wide with a 71″ height on all 8′ wide sheds. 10′ wide sheds have a 59″ opening by 71” height. 12′ and 14′ wides have a 71″ opening by 6’3″ height.
What is included with the purchase of a Standard Double Wide Garage and how is it delivered?
Our Standard 1 Story Double Wide Garages come standard with 2 Overhead Doors, 4 Windows, & Reinforced Flooring. The structures are shipped on two separate delivery loads then we assemble the two halves onsite.
Where are the 4 x 4’s placed on the sheds?
Click here to see our Skid Placement chart (PDF)